LocationLas Vegas, NV
The primary responsibilities of the NOC Tech I are: Be the primary point of contact for all IT incidents and service requests and proactively monitor and escalate application, network and system incidents to ensure maximum availability and performance.
This role will involve performing these tasks using various tools, ITSM software and monitoring systems. The NOC Tech I also serves as a coordination point for communication between internal and external customers and operations teams. This candidate will also help with documenting outage events and root cause analysis of recurring incidents and raising escalations internally and externally as necessary. The ideal candidate must have strong communication skills and an aptitude to spot long-term trends in an enterprise environment. A NOC Tech I must be a self-starter, have great attention to detail, and work with multiple tasks easily.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED-
Years of Experience: Minimum two (2) years of experience in the information technology field.
• Previous Service Desk experience within an ITIL environment.
• Candidates must possess the ability to multitask, problem solve, think clearly and respond in a fast-paced enterprise environment without losing composure.
• Must be reliable and dependable, self-motivated and willing to learn .
• Possess ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Effectively communicate with other departments to manage any escalating issues in a timely manner.
• Ability to read and comprehend technical literature.
• Must use active listening, empathy, critical thinking and have a positive attitude.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to work effectively on your own and in a team environment.
• Experience of using appropriate IT technology, methods, principles and equipment such as:
Windows and MAC OS.
Basic Networking knowledge.
• Possess knowledge of network resources and components, software monitoring tools, hardware, and the video, Internet, and telephone infrastructure.
• Ability to identify when to escalate an advanced issues based on priority matrix.
• Industry related certifications.
• College coursework in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems related program, or equivalent experience.
• Engage in proactive and reactive monitoring of Allegiant’s enterprise infrastructure utilizing multiple network monitoring tools.
• Document and actively coordinate resolution of outages and incidents; assist in troubleshooting and pinpointing service outage components.
• Document any priority issues for reference in the future.
• Communicate regularly with other IT teams working on various issues and projects.
• Coordinate efforts with third parties and vendors to resolve problems and issues as they arise.
• Provide timely, comprehensive support to customers; achieve efficient resolution to outstanding problems or issues.
• Apply knowledge of network resources and components, software monitoring tools, hardware, and the video, Internet, and telephone infrastructure.
• Update process documentation and internal knowledge base to ensure all procedures are known and current.
• Log all relevant incident/service request details, allocating categorization and prioritization codes.
• Ensure that open support requests are updated in a timely manner keeping users informed of progress.
• Identify when to escalate an advanced issues based on priority matrix.
• Review flight delays to ensure they are being challenged or investigated appropriately.
• Establish and maintain a constructive relationship between the service provider and the customer based on understanding the customer and their business drivers.
• Identify changes to the customer environment and technology trends that could potentially impact the type, level or utilization of services provided.
• Provide first line support and triage.
• Ensure the current and future service level requirements of customers are identified, understood and documented in SLA and service level requirements documents.
• Measure, record, analyze and improve customer satisfaction.
• Other duties as required by IT Service Desk Operations.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.