LocationLas Vegas, NV
Develop and execute strategies to optimize the procurement and management of aircraft parts, materials, and maintenance-related services. Oversee the development of analytical models and other decision-making tools. Resolve parts-related engineering issues. Manage the company’s parts and maintenance services procurement, component repair, and parts sales. Assure a high level of service is provided to aircraft maintenance making efficient and effective use of company resources.
Visa Sponsorship Available: Yes
A combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
• The ability to read, write, and speak English in order to receive and understand instructions, directives, and ensure safety, as well as the ability to interact with customers, is a requirement of the job.
• Previous leadership roles in operations management and/or materials planning with experience in analytical modeling and/or programming are most desirable. Financial and/or vendor management with negotiation experience is also a plus.
• Strong work ethic.
• Strong intellect and aptitude desired, along with the ability to manage multiple and varied activities.
• Good leadership and people management skills, effective communication skills, and an ability to prioritize and effectively problem solve.
• Master's Degree preferred.
• Provide leadership to Material Services, Materials Planning, Technical Purchasing, and Aircraft Parts Repair Management functions.
• Materials Planning: Model future requirements for inventory by item and location to assure the appropriate quantity and dispersion of parts, materials, and other supplies to support the operation.
• Technical Purchasing: Negotiate larger item purchases and services contracts. For predictable, higher-use items, seek to purchase in bulk and/or establish contracts for fulfillment with vendors. Arrange the sale of excess inventory.
• Materials Services: Coordinate parts needs with maintenance shift managers. Assure base inventory levels are maintained at each maintenance location; purchase and move parts and materials to meet the immediate demands of aircraft maintenance.
• Aircraft Parts Repair Management: Manages vendors and cycle times to assure a supply of high-quality rotatable components sufficient to meet the requirements of aircraft maintenance.
• Establish a strategy to achieve the function’s mission and vision. Communicate the mission and vision down through the organization.
• Organize the area to assure the strategy is executed.
• Select managers and mentor them to improve their performance. Assist them to establish their goals and objectives. Assure the appropriate training, assistance, coordination and time are available to carry out the objectives; re-prioritize as necessary.
• Oversee the preparation of budgets, monitor monthly activity, and report on results.
• Direct the performance of special projects that provide continuous improvement.
• Facilitate the resolution of issues within the department and across functions by lending expertise and actively directing the process of problem-solving.
• Interface with the Directors of Maintenance, Heavy Maintenance, Quality, and Reliability to assure the efficacy of planning decisions.
• Advise upper management on key issues and keep the VP, Contracts & Supply Operations, informed on the progress in each area, particularly as it affects the department’s commitments.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.