LocationPunta Gorda, FL
The Commissary Agent is responsible for providing aircraft provisioning for scheduled or charter services. Responsibilities include commissary duties (provisioning of aircraft), warehouse work, building of commissary carts, aircraft cleaning, security, and operations as required.
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Education Details: N/A
Certification Details: N/A
Years of Experience: Minimum of one (1) year Customer Service experience of the equivalent in related training and/or experience.
Credit Check: No
• Possess basic computer skills; knowledge of general office equipment.
• People oriented, highly motivated with a positive and friendly attitude.
• Ability and willingness to work varied hours including nights, weekends and holidays as well as stay late for irregular operations.
• Well groomed and adhere to dress code policy.
•Ability to work efficiently under time constraints.
•Ability and willingness to attend and successfully complete required training.
•Ability to read, write, and speak English in order to receive and understand instructions, directives, and ensure safety, as well as the ability to interact with customers, is a requirement of the job.
•Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
•Ability and willingness to remain in trainee status until successful completion of all practical and written curriculum upon offer of employment.
• Airline industry experience.
• Operate heavy, motorized machinery/equipment including, but not limited to tugs, tractors, belt loaders, bag carts, fork lift, push-back tractors, deicers, etc.
• Enforce safety/security measures and monitor safety sensitive areas per regulatory requirements.
• Stock aircraft with supplies.
• Build aircraft service carts with supplies for all Allegiant flights (Charters and Scheduled Service).
• Handle ice and inventory supplies.
• Perform security search of carts, vehicles and aircraft.
• Sanitize equipment and carts. Perform routine cleaning of commissary area.
• Assist in receiving and stocking deliveries from vendors.
• Ensure Allegiant Air and airport regulations are followed.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Airport Agent - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, climb and use hands and fingers to operate various types of tools and equipment (i.e. hand trucks, carts, ramps, tugs, etc.). May be required to lift and/or carry up to 100 lbs. and to push and/or pull up to 300 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to heights, small spaces, extreme noise (i.e. airport with planes, vehicles, and other machinery), temperature, wind, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to crawl in and out of small spaces for extended periods of time. Ability to wear personal protective gear. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider:
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see Allegiant.com/careers
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.