LocationLas Vegas, NV
Assure the parts and materials required to perform aircraft maintenance are available to each assigned line station through stock transfers or procurements. Inventory levels should be monitored and parts should be transferred, expedited from repair, borrowed, and/or purchased as needed to replenish the supply. Parts and materials required for maintaining the fleet should be made available in a timely manner at the lowest achievable cost. Maintain documentation of all parts activity and operational statistics on the performance of each station and aircraft. Be able to create and present reports to upper management as necessary.
No Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
Years of Experience:
Minimum five (5) years of related experience as a Buyer, Purchasing Agent, Commodity Manager, Repair Analyst, etc.
• Proficient in MS Office suite and Adobe Acrobat.
• Excellent Verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to develop and process analytic information.
• Ability to work under pressure in a team environment.
• Aircraft Systems and AIS Knowledge desired.
• Familiarity with finance, accounting, and statistics desirable.
• Applicable experience repairing off wing components and understanding of commercial requirements will also be considered.
• Source and procure parts and materials for Line Maintenance and Heavy Check.
• Evaluate parts requests for accuracy, clarity, and completeness (special attention should be paid to primary/alternate part numbers, aircraft effectivity, required documentation, and deadlines) and respond to them in a timely fashion.
• Procure parts in the manner that is most beneficial to Allegiant. Conduct inventory analysis and initiate transfer of available stock, expedite from repair vendor, execute a loan/borrow agreement, or submit RFQ for purchase or core exchange from the vendor.
• Submit RFQs using sourcing programs such as AeroXchange or Parts-Base to gather quotations in accordance with SOX guidelines then contact vendors to expedite results.
•Upon receipt of vendor quotations, analyze cost, tag age, part condition, and lead time.
•Select a quote that is the most efficient and cost-effective for meeting Allegiant operational deadlines.
•Generate inventory purchase orders.
•Perform logistical analysis to determine the most appropriate method of shipment. ~ Requests should be analyzed for comail transfer opportunities, FedEx, freight, international, or courier movements. ~ Send transfer directive to station or vendor sending part; specify shipping information, anticipated arrival times along with any special packaging or documentation needs.
•Communicate part status, PO numbers, and expected arrival times of parts to the requestor.
• Maintain Part Status documentation.
• Record transaction data in MS Access database.
• Update database entries as actions are taken and verify current status.
• Manage open orders to ensure they are received into stock within the agreed time frame.
•Ensure components that are on order are tracked and updates are made to the database in a timely manner.
•Expedite open orders as appropriate to support Company stocking positions.
•Follow-up on open orders to ensure a smooth flow through the purchasing process.
• Manage procurement of aircraft material for Allegiant. Gather pricing for upcoming projects including supplier information and part number clarification.
• Manage Vendor performance to ensure the Company is getting the highest quality service at the least cost.
•Measure Vendor performance: develop key performance indicators, monitor stock availability, delivery, paperwork, warranty issues, responsiveness, bad from stock, etc.
•Identify performance gaps, work with Suppliers to determine root causes, and develop and implement effective solutions. Follow-up on implementation plans to ensure compliance and positive results.
• Negotiate Contracts and Agreements that are beneficial to the Company. Develop and maintain business relationships with Suppliers used by Allegiant and cultivate new opportunities for procurement and savings.
• Identify operational trends and cost drivers, measure quality and calculate yields. Develop relevant financial and operational metrics for decision-making and monitoring of key performance indicators.
• Perform other duties assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.