LocationLas Vegas, NV
The Manager of A/C Component Repair (Systems) manages the process flow associated with the repair of the company’s off-wing aircraft components and sub-assemblies.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
A combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
Years of Experience:
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Component Repairs Management, Aerospace Supply Chain, or Engineering.
- Minimum two (2) years of leadership or direct reporting management experience in Supply Chain Management or the Aerospace industry.
• Ability to foster teamwork.
• Leadership skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to build collaborative relationships.
• Analytical thinking skills.
• Master's degree.
• Degree in engineering, aviation, or a relevant field.
• Familiarity with data analysis.
• Experienced in Excel.
• Abilities in SQL.
• Responsible for ATA chapters 2100 to 4900 which includes Landing Gear, Equipment, Oxygen, Cabin Interior, and other ATA chapters of aircraft. Any detailed sub-ATA responsibilities can be changed based on needs and direction by the Director, of Material Services.
• Work with the repairs manager of Component Repairs Structures to develop and manage the internal and external process flow associated with the repair and overhaul of the company’s unserviceable off-wing aircraft parts.
• Monitor analyst workload, audit process compliance, and conduct deficiency training as needed.
• Ensure proper auditing processes for all component repairs.
• Develop and maintain a relationship with external component maintenance vendors and, internally, with the Materials Management, Maintenance & Engineering, IT, and Accounting Department teams.
• Coordinate all repair activities with Purchasing, Aircraft on Ground (AOG), Material Planning, and Stores Management, including expediting repairs and providing concise reports and presentations to senior management, upon request.
• Work with the Engineering, Reliability, and Maintenance teams to monitor the factors that influence parts being declared unserviceable and being returned, highlight such instances including but not limited to daily component removals for repeat units, NFF unit removals etc., and work to find solutions.
• Negotiate the repair and overhaul costs on a recurring, bi-annual basis, with the approved component repair vendors based on the projected units being declared unserviceable. Ensure that the selected vendors are properly documented within Allegiant ERP so that unserviceable components are directly shipped to the approved vendors only.
• Work with the internal team and legal team to write, edit, and review repair contracts.
• Review approved vendor list AVL validity and review any potential new vendors as needed. Work with the quality team to hold vendors accountable to Allegiant standards and address issues as required.
• Maintain close oversight of component repair vendors and ensure that contractual obligations are being met by vendors. In cases where the vendor is unable to maintain the required service levels and repair cycle times, intercede, as necessary.
• Ensure GTA performance reviews with the most critical and underperforming business partners.
• Attend weekly Material Planning meetings to contribute to planning for induction/heavy check and other long-term plans.
• Lead the facilitation of Electronic Data Interface (EDI) transactions with vendors to streamline the repair order life cycle. Provide integration solutions that facilitate accurate and transparent electronic repair transactions between the Allegiant ERP system and the Aeroxchange application.
• Recommend changes to the internal ERP system for improved process flow.
• Manage AeroRepair integration and monitor vendor compliance.
• Hire, train, develop, and monitor the performance of all assigned repair analysts. Provide clear and consistent communication throughout this process.
• Perform forward-look reviews and bi-annual progress reviews.
• Provide mentorship for employee growth opportunities.
• Develop and implement programs to ensure optimum utilization of vendor warranties, monitoring of warranty action, and periodically audit programs to ensure compliance.
• Analyze the potential for in-house repair capability and make appropriate recommendations to senior management.
• Identify repair program performance gaps, determine causal factors, and develop and implement effective solutions that extract value for the company.
• Financially and statistically analyze components, repair programs, and vendor performance. Utilize vendor scorecards and develop a methodology to make changes in vendor assignments to optimize performance.
• Develop relevant financial and operational information for executive decision-making.
• Ensure any direct reports understand and apply our Customer Commitment and customer service standards to their daily responsibilities as appropriate.
• Model Allegiant’s customer service standards in personal actions and when providing leadership direction.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state, or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.