LocationLas Vegas, NV
The Trade and Logistics Specialist is responsible for activities related to all shipping and logistics requirements, both domestic and international for various departments.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
Years of Experience: None
• IATA/49CFR hazmat shipper experience.
• Travel requirements up to 15%.
• Understanding of ITAR export controls.
• Strong intellect and aptitude desired, along with the ability to manage multiple and varied activities.
• Ability to prioritize and effectively problem solve.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access.
• Ability to report monthly metrics.
• LEAN experienced.
• Must be able to work without direct supervision.
• Critical thinker.
• Develops and maintains import/export controls to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Administers training and performs audits to ensure the effectiveness of trade compliance processes.
• Performs centralized import and export functions for material movements.
• Maintains and monitors trade compliance records in accordance with regulations.
• Determines and assigns HTS, Country of Origin, and ECCN classifications for aircraft material.
• Works with the company’s broker to insure quick and accurate import Customs clearances.
• Arranges transportation and logistics for oversize and expedited material.
• Manages and consolidates freight to reduce costs.
• Oversees overall transportation and logistics to implement cost savings initiatives.
• Maintains scorecards to monitor and analyze vendor performance.
• Oversees hazmat shipping program.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, Procurement.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.