LocationLas Vegas, NV
DeptFinance & Accounting
Staff Accountant will have primary responsibility for ensuring proper accounting and recording of certain areas of the company. Will maintain proper records and documentation for SOX compliance and provide timely reporting to various individuals inside and outside the organization. Will assist in creating a positive team environment and ensure completion of day to day operations for the Corporate Accounting Department. This position requires the highest level of professionalism, confidentiality and integrity from an individual who is responsible and dependable.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Education Details: Degree in Accounting
Years of Experience: Minimum one (1) year of professional experience in Accounting and/or Finance
• Attention to detail is essential.
• Team approach and a positive attitude.
• General knowledge on accounting general ledger systems.
• Computer skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
• Solid communication and critical thinking abilities.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Supervise interns and/or accounting administrators.
• Responsible for daily preparation and management of certain accounting processes and records assigned.
• Ensure activity for assigned areas are properly and accurately recorded and maintained in the sub ledger and general ledger for closing process.
• Assist in improving, analyzing, and maintaining systems related to assigned areas within the Corporate Accounting Department.
• Prepare and maintain roll forwards and other accounting reports for certain accounts required in the closing process.
• Assist with internal reporting packages and external reporting needs.
• Ensure compliance with department policies and procedures. Respond to needs of management including reporting needs as they pertain to assigned areas. Research and resolve discrepancies.
• Work closely with others in all areas of the organization to ensure proper coding and communication.
• Prepare and post journal entries.
• Prepare and perform account reconciliations for the monthly closing process.
• Maintain proper records and documentation for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
• Provide support and assistance to comply with internal and external audit requests.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.