LocationLas Vegas, NV
Our company is seeking a multi-role delivery focused IT leader to serve as a Senior Scrum Master who will coordinate multi-disciplinary engineering teams. Under general direction, facilitates and monitors the Scrum process from initiation through delivery. May serve as a liaison between the product owner and development team to ensure that all targets and requirements are met. Maintains product backlog. Removes or addresses process impediments. In this role you will also be expected to make or influence decisions that will have moderate to significant impact on project team, project budget, department, work group, and/or client. The successful candidate will work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, and must be a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of an Integrated Nexus Team. The Senior Scrum Master is a critical leadership role within IT supporting multiple software development teams and mentoring other scrum masters. The Senior Scrum Master provides on-going support through coaching, facilitating, and ensuring compliance with agile principles and processes. The successful candidate will lead scrum ceremonies and meetings as a facilitator and guide for the Product Owners and teams involved in creating cutting edge software. The Senior Scrum Master will support the more complex development teams.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree In Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Technology or related discipline.
Certification: Agile Certification from Scrum Alliance, ICAgile, SAFe or other Agile organization
Years of Experience: Minimum three (3) years of experience managing end-to-end software application projects. Minimum three (3) years of experience leading teams using Scrum/Agile methodology as a Scrum Master or Scrum Master or Product Owner.
• Demonstrated knowledge in leading teams in various scrum ceremonies such as sprint planning, daily stand up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, demos and other meetings.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to articulate ideas and communicate clearly to various levels within business and IT.
• Demonstrated ability to work with, and support distributed teams.
• Ability to influence and work with people from various disciplines and degrees of technical experience.
• Proven relationship building skills at department level.
• Experience using the Agile/Scrum management tool, particularly JIRA.
• Mobile application (ios, Android) experience a plus
• Lead all Scrum ceremonies such as sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily sprint, review, retrospectives and report on the team’s progress and alignment to enterprise goals.
• Coaches Product Owner to ensure backlog refinement and prioritization. Facilitate decomposition of epics and high-level stories to be consumable by development teams for upcoming sprints.
• Facilitate conversations for teams to collaborate in removing impediments, empowering teams to self-organize and improve their productivity.
• Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress, by adopting and refining established processes.
• Ensure sprint goals and standard scrum principles and practices are being followed.
• Serve as the recognized technical expert by internal and external peers.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office/IT - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24 hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.