LocationLas Vegas, NV
Employment typeFull-Time - Remote
The Lead IT Test Engineer is responsible for providing daily coordination of QA tasks, leading, full range of test validation for all aspects of functional application and websites. They will also evaluate projects through activities such as, but not limited to, assessments, process and procedure audits, project and performance management and systems analysis and design as well as contribute to management on processes and releases. This position shares responsibility for building and maintaining internal lines of communication and creating/refining departmental process.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information systems or related field
Years of Experience:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Software QA.
- Minimum two (2) years as lead or equivalent responsibilities.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in writing SQL scripts.
• Previous experience managing testing efforts involving people from various disciplines in a fast paced and resource limited environment.
• In depth knowledge of planning, design and execution of all aspects of testing including, but not limited to Functional, Integration, Load, Security and Regression testing.
• Experience with end to end process of software product release, including reporting.
• Experience leading a quality assurance team.
• Experience with testing Web and Windows applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as effective troubleshooting skills in resolving complex issues.
• Ability to effectively communicate with others at all levels of the Company both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrates a courteous, tactful and professional approach with employees and others.
• Ability to perform and orchestrate multiple activities simultaneously.
• Demonstrates excellent process, documentation, team management, and problem solving skills.
• Experience testing in a BDD environment, including writing Gherkin tests and driving automation strategies.
• Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
• Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
• Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
• Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
• Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
• Take ownership for the quality of the product release.
• Manage the testing of product releases from planning to production release.
• Work with product release teams to ensure a consistent testing strategy and process is followed.
• Recommend and/or review new processes and/or tools to improve the overall testing process.
• Identify, acquire, and assign testers located throughout the business to individual testing activities.
• Ensure test plans and procedures are developed and updated.
• Monitor and periodically report on the status of individual testing activities.
• Ensure requirements analysis and traceability is done.
• Responsible for all aspects of software testing cycle including documentation and reports.
• Coordinate and lead testing efforts across multiple product teams utilizing manual and automated tools and technologies.
• Assess system impact and priority of problems encountered.
• Identify and track defects, issues, risks, and action items.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant requires all team members to complete a record in Allegiant’s Vaccination Tracking Tool. Team Members may opt to provide records documenting their fully vaccinated status or agree to comply with weekly COVID-19 testing and reporting. Requests for medical and religious exemptions for those who cannot be vaccinated will be considered with substantiating documentation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.