LocationLas Vegas, NV
DeptSafety & Security
The Specialist of Security is responsible for assisting the Manager of Security with all Allegiant day-to-day operations for security. The Specialist of Security will assist in conducting company security investigations.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree/aviation or compliance preferred
Years of Experience:
Minimum three (3) years of experience with a High School Diploma / GED (OR) a minimum of two (2) years of experience with a related Bachelor's Degree.
• Familiarity with the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, Customs and Border Protection, Airports, Host Government, and criminal justice systems preferred.
• Requires problem-solving and analytical skills, and the ability to quickly understand processes.
• Ability to gain and maintain trust with all levels of the organization.
• Strong written, verbal and management level presentation skills.
• Data collection experience (preferred).
• Must be able to hold a secret clearance with the DOD, TSA, and other government agencies as needed.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs, including database and spreadsheet programs.
• Proven project management and analytical skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Previous experience maintaining and enhancing corporate security standards, drug abatement standards, and safe operation practices.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
• Strong work ethic, ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment and a positive attitude toward teamwork.
• Willingness to assist managers and staff and government agencies at the highest level of professionalism.
• Ability to handle numerous projects at one time and meet deadlines.
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision in support of the Safety and Security Team.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other company managers, external regulatory agencies, and industry resources.
• Bachelor's degree in aviation or compliance.
• Experience in emergency planning and training management.
• Past Security Program experience.
• Past airline experience.
• Experience in handling sensitive information.
• Working knowledge of regulations governing commercial aviation.
• Acts as a company liaison and subject matter expert for all security-related functions. These functions involve direct contact with employees and inspectors from international, federal, state and local agencies.
• Holds the position of Alternate Aircraft Operatory Security Coordinator (AOSC).
• Assists in maintaining all corporate security manuals and documentation. This includes maintaining the Allegiant employee portal security websites which have information regarding Security Events, Security Directives, and threat information pertinent to Allegiant operations.
• Answers all Letters of Investigation from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and host government agencies.
• Ensures compliance with passenger and crew screening/vetting regulations, watchlists, customs and immigration vetting and other international security regulations.
• Routinely monitors and performs trend analysis of security issues and counterintelligence programs.
• Analyzes data gathered through a safety reporting database that is related to Allegiant security events/reports for reporting to the Security Manager and Director.
• Provides security content for training materials to be used by numerous company departments (initial and recurrent training).
• Acts as Assistant Facilities Security Officer (FSO) for the company per Department of Defense (DOD) guidelines.
• Completes all security department audits as required.
• Initiates and conducts security investigations for all security-related incidents or concerns as needed.
• Maintains security records, including all investigation or audit documentation for the department.
• Conducts and documents security spot checks for all Allegiant cities as appropriate.
• Assists the Manager of Security as required in all company initiatives.
• Acts as a member of the Emergency Response team for security needs in response.
• On call 24/7 for any security-related operational issues internally and externally with TSA/DHS/FBI/Law Enforcement Agencies.
• Conducts security briefings for various Team Member groups as required.
• Collaborates with internal stakeholders on Letters of Investigation or other Security-related correspondence.
• Ensures yearly audits for TSA Security Programs (CASS, KCM, CHRC) are completed.
• Assists and/or responds to law enforcement inquiries/legal documents requesting customer-related information and/or documentation.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.