LocationLas Vegas, NV
The Governmental Affairs Specialist will assist the MGA with the completion of LOI investigations and responses, VDR investigations and responses, Airworthiness Manual reviews for SAI elements. They will also assist Quality Department Managers with manual enhancements and revisions ensuring SAI attributes are accounted for and EPI elements are present. Reviews FAA registry for proposed rule changes and assess impact to Allegiant Airlines
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Education Details: High School Diploma or equivalent
Certification Details: Airframe and Powerplant license
Years of Experience: Minimum five (5) years verifiable experience in a strong Quality Assurance background for a 121 carrier
• Must possess a valid Passport
• Must be able to obtain an airport SIDA Badge
• Basic Computer skills
• Coordinates due dates of Governmental responses for Airworthiness issues with the MGA
• Processes FAA requests such as log pages, EO’s, flight schedules, work orders, etc. and provides them to the FAA
• Coordinates the corrective actions and completion of them to assure closure to LOI corrective actions
• Coordinates the corrective actions and completion of them to assure closure VDR corrective actions
• Investigate informal FAA concerns regarding manuals and operations
• Perform daily review of FAA registry for items affecting Allegiant Air fleet operations
• Consolidates and tracks FAA geographical inspections as reported on M744’s at Allegiant Stations or Maintenance providers
• Assist Quality department managers in developing manual corrections/revisions assuring SAI/EPI
• Assists the MGA with the completion of LOI investigations and responses, VDR investigations and airworthiness Manual reviews for SAI elements.
• Performs daily review of FAA registry for items affecting fleet operations.
• Other duties as assigned
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.