LocationLas Vegas, NV
The Manager of Powerplants is responsible for the overall management of the Allegiant Air Powerplant Maintenance Program and is specifically responsible for managing the RB-211 Powerplant program. This position supervises the Powerplant Engineer, and the Powerplant Planner positions.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent experience
Airframe & Powerplant Certification
Years of Experience:
Minimum five (5) years experience in a 121 or 135 airline environment of 145 Powerplant MRO
• Knowledge of Rolls-Royce COMPASS (Condition Monitoring and Performance Analysis Software System)
• Knowledge of and ability to understand and research AD's IPC's, Engine Manuals, Service Bulletins, Standard Practice Manuals, Etc...
• Knowledge of and ability to research and audit engine records and generate disk sheets, non incident statement letters, AD summary sheets
• Ability to locate, understand and extract pertinent engine information from AIS
• Ability to interface with multiple engine repair facilities and track engine repair progress/status
• Knowledge of and ability to update APU health check data based
• Develop RB-211 Engine Condition Monitoring (ECM) Program to support B757-200 ETOPS operations
• Develop an engine management program for the RB-211 engine and GTCP331-200(ER) APU that schedules engine removals at the best economical point based on life limited items as well as ECM data
• Monitor ETOPS requirements for APU Model GTCP331-200(ER)
• Develop Engineering Actions to accomplish Airworthiness Directives, and Technical Service Requests (TSRs) for the B757 engines and Auxiliary Powerplant Units (APUs)
• Prepare vendor repair/overhaul instructions
• Supervise Powerplant Engineer and monitor JT8D engine maintenance program
• Supervise the Powerplant Planner to ensure efficient and effective scheduling of critical Powerplant maintenance events
• Ensure any direct reports understand and apply our Customer Commitment and customer service standards to their daily responsibilities, as appropriate.
• Model Allegiant’s customer service standards in personal actions and when providing leadership direction.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
COVID-19 Vaccination National Mandate
Allegiant requires all team members to complete a record in Allegiant’s Vaccination Tracking Tool. Team Members may opt to provide records documenting their fully vaccinated status or agree to comply with weekly COVID-19 testing and reporting. Requests for medical and religious exemptions for those who cannot be vaccinated will be considered with substantiating documentation.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.