LocationLas Vegas, NV
The Manager of Materials Purchasing (Line MX & Systems Analytics) devises and executes strategies to maximize value on the procurement of aircraft parts and materials. They manage the technical procurement process to assure the appropriate goods and services are acquired in the right quality and quantity, at the best possible total cost of ownership. They negotiate with and establish preferred vendors for common purchases and establish programs that assure high reliability parts and materials are available where and when needed.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
Years of Experience:
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in an aerospace, supply chain, or operation.
- Minimum three (3) years of a supervisory role and process optimization experience.
• Database management experience.
• Business experience and/or education.
• Strong intellect and aptitude desired, along with the ability to manage multiple and varied activities.
• Good leadership and people management skills, effective communication skills, and an ability to prioritize and effectively problem solve.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• MBA or other advanced degree.
• Vendor management or negotiating experience.
• Fully support aircraft material demands at various line maintenance locations at Allegiant
• Fully support Material Systems needs and analytics and monitoring/mentoring Material Systems Supervisor/Analysts.
• Provide leadership and mentorship to Lead MX Buyer and Buyers
• Develop requests for proposals (RFPs); source and evaluate qualified suppliers.
• Negotiate with potential vendors; position and make trade-offs to claim maximum value on behalf of the company.
• Establish terms, conditions, and pricing of aircraft component purchasing
• Determine preferred vendors for common purchases.
• Establish programs that assure the appropriate parts and materials stock is available where and when needed.
• Work with vendors to establish and/or upgrade repair programs that seek to cost-effectively improve the reliability of rotatable aircraft components.
• Utilize and make available financial analysis that justifies purchase decisions.
• Perform spend analysis, targeting specific activities for improvement and monitoring/actioning aging purchase orders along with Systems Analytics Analysts
• Improve automation of the procurement process.
• Provide regular reporting and status updates to senior management.
• Ensure any direct reports understand and apply our Customer Commitment and customer service standards to their daily responsibilities, as appropriate.
• Model Allegiant’s customer service standards in personal actions and when providing leadership direction.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.