The Materials Specialist maintains the Stores stock and works with other departments at the station to ensure an adequate supply of materials for aircraft maintenance. Materials Specialists will receive, handle, store, and ship aircraft parts, equipment, and tooling as needed to other stations. Responsible for creating repair orders and shipping parts to repair vendors.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
A Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Years of Experience: Minimum one (1) year of Grocery Store stocking experience
• Grocery Store stocking experience a plus
• Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License
• Must be able to obtain certification on forklift
• Must be able to work varied shifts to include weekends and holidays
• Must be knowledgeable and capable of using Microsoft Office Suite at an Intermediate Level
• Must be able to read and understand English
• Must be able to lift 70 LBS and push / pull up to 250 LBS with proper equipment
• Must successfully pass In-house Training, IATA or DOT-approved Hazardous Materials Training
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Knowledge of inventory management and computer inventory management systems / barcoding (preferred but not required)
• Strong typing skills
• Flexibility and agility skills
• Excellent verbal (telephone) communications skills
• Ability to work in a fast pace sometimes stressful environment
• Receive, sign for, process and safely handle aircraft maintenance-related parts, material, equipment, and tooling, including entering data into the inventory management system and processing the associated documentation
• Transporting parts and materials between various locations, sorting and counting items, and preparing labels and related ticketing documents
• Appropriately issue materials and process returns
• Reading and interpreting documents or instructions to build kits for use in aircraft heavy maintenance.
• This will include the assembly of parts and materials required to support heavy maintenance / modifications or induction aircraft, the performance of physical inventory counts, the rotation of shelf life-limited parts, the reorganization of inventory or the warehouse layout, re-labeling bins, etc., as required
• Enter outstation inventory transactions into the inventory management system
• Package items for shipment and coordinate with shipping vendors for pick up
• Keep the Stores clean and well organized
• Performs data entry into the computer inventory system to include locating, issuing, receiving, and shipping of materials
• Performs inventory audits, inspections and reconciliations of materials based on direction from leadership
• Monitors and updates stock items, minimum and maximum stock levels, and coordinates stock level adjustments with Maintenance, Purchasing, and / or other departments within Allegiant
• Handling hazardous materials, flammable materials and /or hazardous waste
• Operating a variety of equipment with manual and automatic transmissions including forklifts, trucks, tractors, tugs, and electric carts
• Transporting parts and materials between various locations, sorting and counting items and preparing labels and related ticketing documents
• Other duties as assigned
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.