LocationLas Vegas, NV
The MX & Engineering Stream Lead supports all aspects of the implementing of the new ERP system “Trax” in coordination with the MX IT Technical and Business Process Manager and Director. The Lead coordinates the effort for all data cleansing, migration, convergence, process adaptation, and assist with development of training pertaining for the Maintenance department and collaborates with the Maintenance and Trax implementation leadership team for all aspects of implementation for continuity of processes. The Lead also assists the MX IT and MRO Business Process Managers for the notes taken at the various meetings held with the Trax PMO. This position requires professionalism, confidentiality, and integrity.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Years of Experience:
Minimum five (5) years of applicable airline MX management experience.
• Strong background and/or interest in airline Materials procurement, analytics, and process management.
• Strong intellect and aptitude desired, along with the ability to handle multiple and varied activities.
• Solid understanding of the purchasing processes, and data associated with transactions.
• Strong focus and ability to translate technical requirements within the Functional Requirements Document (FRD) and Business Review Process (BRP).
• Solid understanding of the Materials department, parts purchasing, processes, and data.
• Ability to enter technical dialogue and convey requisite information to various parties.
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel as required.
• Assist from the start of the Trax Implementation project to ensure complete knowledge transfer is accomplished.
• Provide support and assistance to the Allegiant Trax implementation team for all aspects of the implementation and ongoing effort by the Allegiant and Trax.
• Assist in process documentation, training development, and customer acceptance.
• Assist MX IT and Business Process Managers and the Director with their day to day duties and follow the project timeline and attend meetings with Trax for successful implementation.
• Support the Allegiant implementation team through the Maintenance related process changes and coordinate, as necessary, document the process changes for incorporation in the training manuals.
• Coordinate and assist the Maintenance IT and Business Process Manager and MX leadership to resolve and address various issues and challenges faced during the implementation process.
• Assist the Allegiant MRO implementation team with data cleansing and data migration from AIS and other system to Trax as per the project timeline and direction of senior management.
• Assist the team with the formal testing of the Trax system prior to implementation into the production environment.
• Coordinate meeting schedules with Trax and Allegiant SMEs in accordance with the project timeline.
• Build strong relationships with the project team, fostering collaboration and teamwork and assisting with the timely execution of the project.
• Act as the Trax Administrator once the product is implemented and AIS is retired.
• Coordinate with core implementation SMEs in processes for implementation success.
• Communicate effectively the current and future processes with all parties.
• Train business users on the new processes for parts purchasing and management.
• Understand key milestone and effectively process information to meet project deadlines.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
COVID-19 Vaccination National Mandate
Allegiant requires all team members to complete a record in Allegiant’s Vaccination Tracking Tool. Team Members may opt to provide records documenting their fully vaccinated status or agree to comply with weekly COVID-19 testing and reporting. Requests for medical and religious exemptions for those who cannot be vaccinated will be considered with substantiating documentation.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.