Through experience and training (classroom & on-the-job) in aircraft maintenance, Inspectors are "FAA Certified Technicians" who, have demonstrated the ability to determine and certify airworthiness of aircraft, aircraft systems, appliances, and/or structures they are authorized to inspect. Inspectors are responsible for the inspections and actions necessary to assure maintenance performed is done so in accordance with the Allegiant Travel Company’s Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Program as well as other applicable guidance. Some of the responsibilities which accompany this position include Required Inspection Items (RII) as identified in the Allegiant GMM, various designated inspection items within the maintenance program, Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), engine borescope inspections, parts/material Receiving Inspection (RI) functions, as well as other tasks assigned.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Education Details: High School Diploma or equivalent; College Degree Preferred
Certification Details: Airframe and Powerplant License
Years of Experience: Minimum two (2) years 121 operator, 135 operator, or 145 repair facility experience or U.S. military Aircraft MOS
•Must be available to work days or nights, weekdays, weekends, and holidays as determined by shift bid.
•Ability to travel as required.
•Basic computer skills.
•Five (5) years of A320 experience in commercial airline QC Inspection.
•Strong NDT background.
• Accomplish inspection/RII tasks on Airframes, Powerplants, and other aircraft components as required
• Inspect items as identified on task cards, engineering orders, and applicable guidance documentation
• Accomplish Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) inspections
• Perform borescope inspections
• Document discrepancies identified during inspection tasks
• Examine aircraft maintenance logbook entries and maintenance/inspection paperwork to ensure proper completion in accordance with Allegiant Air's General Maintenance Manual
• Provide Airworthiness Release returning to service aircraft following maintenance as appropriate
• Inspect incoming parts/materials with accompanying documentation to verify conformance to airworthiness requirements
• When so authorized, conduct audits of Repair/Overhaul Vendors, Fuel Vendors and internal audits of Company departments and functions
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Quality
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Mechanic - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, climb, and use hands and fingers to operate various tools (i.e. drills, ladders, welding, chemicals, etc.). May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to extreme noise (i.e. airport with planes, vehicles, and other machinery), temperature, wind, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Ability to wear personal protective gear. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.