LocationLas Vegas, NV
DeptLegal & Government Affairs
The Labor Relations Manager supports the company's labor relations activities.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Years of Experience:
Minimum two (2) years experience in Labor Management.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Assist in Arbitration preparation.
• Collect, compile, and categorize labor related issues to be addressed in future collective bargaining and development of labor strategies.
• Permanent member of the negotiating team.
• Assists/drafts first level responses to contractual and disciplinary grievances.
• Available resource to support/train management on Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) interpretation and grievance/discipline/investigation standards using developed training manuals.
• Assist/support the development/maintenance of grievance/discipline/investigation training manuals and CBA interpretation manuals.
• Manage and oversee grievance processing timelines.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
COVID-19 Vaccination National Mandate
Allegiant requires all team members to complete a record in Allegiant’s Vaccination Tracking Tool. Team Members may opt to provide records documenting their fully vaccinated status or agree to comply with weekly COVID-19 testing and reporting. Requests for medical and religious exemptions for those who cannot be vaccinated will be considered with substantiating documentation.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.