LocationLas Vegas, NV
The IT Procurement Manager is responsible to support, negotiate and manage a contracting procurement process to lead the acquisition of goods and services in conjunction with and on behalf of the airline’s IT department. They will also provide technical expertise needed to execute agreements that fit the scope of work provided by the IT department and its internal customers, in conjunction with assessing vendor competence and stability. Periodically, the Manager will review contract provisions to ensure the vendor and Allegiant are adhering to the terms and conditions. This position requires professionalism, confidentiality and integrity.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
A combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
Years of Experience: Minimum three (3) years of applicable IT experience including in procurement and contract negotiations.
• Must have a strong background and/or interest in IT.
• Strong intellect and aptitude desired, along with the ability to manage multiple and varied activities.
• Strong focus and ability to translate technical requirements within the Functional Requirements Document (FRD) and Business Requirements Document (BRD).
• Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
• Ability to enter into technical dialogue and negotiate effectively with suppliers.
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel as may be required.
• Experience with ERP purchasing systems such as Ariba.
• Adheres to Allegiant Procurement Policy, leads the procurement function, and assists in all aspects of purchasing, negotiations, strategy, and process implementation for procurement related to IT goods and services.
• Delivers cost reduction initiatives through assisting in the identification, development, and execution of strategic sourcing initiatives.
• Assists in the execution of due diligence prior to selecting a vendor to determine vendor competence and stability, both financially and operationally.
• Builds strong relationships with suppliers, fostering collaboration and teamwork, assisting in IT vendor management processes, and assessing/mitigating the risks of vendor relationships.
• Oversees (including policies and controls) and periodically reviews vendor performance, including assessments of costs, compliance, and vendor service level agreements.
• Manages, updates, and maintains contract management repository.
• Works with Accounting and Service Providers to generate POs and address various issues pertaining to invoicing.
• Assists in the procurement process of areas outside of IT on an as-needed basis.
• Ensures any direct reports understand and apply our Customer Commitment and customer service standards to their daily responsibilities, as appropriate.
• Models Allegiant’s customer service standards in personal actions and when providing leadership direction.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.