LocationLas Vegas, NV
DeptPeople Services & Learning
The Instructional Systems Specialist will serve as a key member of the University team and will play a significant role in ensuring instructional systems provide desired results. This role is responsible for troubleshooting and providing technical support to team members to ensure they can successfully complete training.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
A combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Associate's Degree
Years of Experience: Minimum two (2) years of experience in a technical role.
• Advanced computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products and corporate systems including JIRA, Identity Management Systems, HRIS systems, Learning Management Systems (LMS), and records and qualification systems.
• Knowledgeable in systems concepts, language, and application.
• Familiarity with common statistical and analytics software and reporting tools.
• Strong aptitude for research and analytics - ability to organize and analyze large datasets, and interpret and report results to various audiences.
• Comprehensive understanding of SCORM and other usability standards, as well as user interface design methodologies.
• Strong ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Proactive self-starter, resourceful and flexible.
• Presents with professionalism and confidence.
• Must be able to work well with a non-technical customer and to communicate effectively with team members with differing levels of computer knowledge
• Provide first-level technical support for end-users, via phone, JIRA, email, and chat and serve as escalation contact between users and HelpDesk support for Level 2 and 3 issues.
• Serve as a Learning Management System (LMS) superuser.
• Collaborate with the Instructional Design team to identify course issues pre- and post-distribution.
• Create a knowledge base for system requirements and use cases.
• Assist in evaluating and identifying ways to automate, streamline, and improve day-to-day system functionality.
• Run standard or ad hoc reports, create queries, and establish dashboards from multiple data sources to support compliance, OKRs, and audits.
• Provide general administrative support to the Instructional Systems Architect.
• Participate in the integration (planning, testing, and implementation) of new technologies including LMS enhancements/updates and third-party supporting products.
• Provide on-site and remote technical training assistance in support of AU initiatives and projects as needed.
- Consult with management, supervisors, and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives, and technologies.
• Client Orientation:
- Understand clients' needs and concerns; respond promptly and effectively to client needs; customize services and products as appropriate.
• Drive for Results:
- Assist with the collection, compilation, and analysis of departmental metrics and survey results on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with others in own unit and across boundaries; acknowledge others' contributions; work effectively with individuals of different cultures and genders; willing to seek help as needed.
- Influence and resolve differences across organizational boundaries.
- Gain support and commitment from others even without formal authority.
• Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Open to new ideas; shares own knowledge; applies knowledge in daily work; builds partnerships for learning and knowledge sharing.
• Analytical Thinking and Decisive Judgment:
- Analyze issues and problems systematically, gathering broad and balanced input, drawing sound conclusions, and translating conclusions into timely decisions and actions.
- Create and execute queries of Company-specific databases.
- Analyze specific data compared to intended results.
- Diagnose and gather needed data to measure success factors for training initiatives.
- Organize training data into a reporting structure for business readouts.
• Application Administration:
- Administer Allegiant instructional systems including maintenance of student profiles, curriculum, training paths, resources, and access permissions.
- Ensure new releases, upgrades, and product enhancements are fully tested to meet the needs of the organization and the University team.
- Conduct instructional systems technology evaluations and perform general system troubleshooting and problem resolution as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.