LocationLas Vegas, NV
The Inflight Training Coordinator is responsible for all administrative functions of the Inflight Training department. Some areas of focus include but are not limited to handling all initial/requalification training preparation and documentation; facility/device scheduling; oversight (preparation, coordination, and auditing) of all specialized Inflight Training programs (Field Instructor, ATS, and Mentor); and general office duties. The Inflight Training Coordinator will also assist the Inflight Training leadership team.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
A combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Years of Experience: Minimum three (3) years experience in office administration or training coordination
• Specialization in office administration with a focus on organization and high-level Excel development.
• Ability to work well with others and communicate effectively with people at all levels.
• Ability to read, write, and speak in English to be able to receive and understand instructions and directives, ensure safety, and interact with customers.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
• Experience in a fast-paced, multifaceted office environment.
• Professional demeanor, excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel as required.
• Flight Attendant crewmember experience.
• Familiarization with travel booking software.
• Valid driver's license.
• Oversight of Monthly Line Audit responsibilities to include flight assignment, notification of assigned flight(s), spreadsheet maintenance, and paperwork processing.
• Daily responsibilities associated with the Allegiant Training Center inventory/ordering of office/breakroom supplies.
• Scheduling and maintenance of all training devices for Allegiant training and OAL (Other Airline) usage.
• Processing all Inflight Training paperwork to include template adjustments specific to class participants, distribution of documents to field instructors, collection and review for accuracy of completed paperwork, and electronic file submissions to designated drive folders.
• Management and oversight of training requirements for flight attendants on leave status including reassignment of pending class dates, rescheduling of travel, adjustments to specified training documents, and notification to Flight Attendants and respective company personnel.
• Tasks/responsibilities associated with training for all Allegiant qualified Flight Attendants to include original scheduling based on previously assigned base month delegation, communication of schedule, analysis of criteria for swapping/rescheduling, daily oversight of revisions to master schedule with communication and adjustments driven by the updates, etc.
• Serve as liaison between the Inflight Training department and outside contract customers.
• Model Allegiant’s customer service standards in personal actions and when providing leadership direction.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state, or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.