LocationLas Vegas, NV
DeptSafety & Security
Inflight Safety Specialist is responsible for ensuring the Inflight Safety Team remains in compliance with company safety programs, policies, processes, and regulations within the Allegiant’s Safety Department.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Certification: Yes - Must pass Allegiant's Flight Attendant training and maintain currency.
Years of Experience:
Minimum two (2) years of experience in aviation, aviation safety, aviation management or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced education may substitute for experience.
• Knowledge and experience with FAA regulatory guidance.
• Experience with SMS systems, reporting, training, and monitoring.
• Good understanding of airline operations.
• Ability to establish and maintain a reporting system to collect safety-related data.
• Ability to work unsupervised and under pressure; strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to be flexible and be a team player with a focus on continuous improvement processes and development.
• Strong work ethic, ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment, and a positive attitude toward teamwork.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and verbal skills.
• Ability to relate to all levels of personnel both inside and outside the organization.
• Strong written and presentation skills.
• Ability to prepare clear and concise written procedures, reports, and documentation.
• Basic knowledge of CFR standards including compliance, regulations, record keeping, and establishing policies.
• Analytical and computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe products, and Quality Assurance applications.
• Computer-Based Training Course development.
• Bachelor's Degree and/or experience in aviation operation of safety-related areas.
• Aid in the development and implementation of Inflight department specifics SMS policies and procedures in accordance with the guidance contained in Federal Aviation Administration 14 CFR Part 5.
• Assist with safety debrief including taking detailed narrative notes of the event, processing compensation, and gathering necessary investigation information (Safety Event Reports, First Point of Contact, etc.)
• Prepare monthly/quarterly reports and/or presentations for Inflight safety programs; Prepare reports, presentations, and statistical data (e.g., Inflight Safety Committee Meeting, ASAP, FRMP, debriefs, and employee injuries).
• Train employees on company safety policies and prepare and facilitate flight attendant new hire safety presentations.
• Process safety reports submitted by Inflight personnel.
• Report all FAA Reportable events to the Regulatory Compliance Team promptly.
• Coordinate a Safety Risk Management (SRM) for the Safety Department when Inflight Safety has identified hazards.
• Participate in design meetings to assist in the development of corrective action plans.
• Assist with Safety Promotions (e.g., safety newsletter, safety flyers, base visits, and safety initiatives.
• Utilize internal databases to perform data analyses, identify trends, and develop corrective action plans.
• Monitor/track safety recommendations, IEP findings, FRMP, ASAP, self-audit, employee injuries, and corrective actions to ensure that effective follow-up actions have been taken.
• Assist in event-specific investigations into all safety-related aspects of company operations, including, but not limited to aircraft accidents, incidents, or irregular events as appropriate.
• In coordination with other safety team members, investigate opportunities to increase the efficiency of processes. Measure the effectiveness and seek to continually improve the quality of processes. Evaluate and analyze submitted Safety Event Report mitigation actions coordinates safety initiatives to reduce or eliminate employee injuries, and safety concerns.
• Participate in all department safety meetings and safety initiatives to include taking minutes, attendance and facilitation; participate in industry safety committees and events.
• Assist with maintaining the Inflight Safety Event Reporting, Inflight ASAP, and Inflight Fatigue Programs to include reviewing reports, facilitating ERC and FRRC meetings, assigning mitigation actions, tracking mitigation actions.
• Assist the Care Support Team with administration assistance, when applicable.
• Assist the manager and department management with the development of continuous improvement efforts, documentation of processes, procedures, and controls of Allegiant’s SMS, and maintain policies and procedures in the company’s safety manuals.
• Act as a representative in the Emergency Command Center or Emergency Response Team, as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.