The Induction Stores Expeditor will be responsible for receiving, maintaining, and issuing induction parts and kits to the contract maintenance team (Heavy Maintenance MRO) performing aircraft inductions materials organization/storage work scope. Their role also includes meeting and liaising with the induction work site to ensure materials are provided when and where needed for the MRO work. This role will need to understand fiscal responsibility and time management, as well as the shipping and receiving process as an SME in materials management.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
A Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED (A degree in a technical study or A&P license is highly desirable)
Certification: Certified Forklift Operator (A&P license highly desirable)
Years of Experience: Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in related aircraft inventory control.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
• The ability to read, write, and speak English in order to receive and understand instructions, and directives, and ensure safety, as well as the ability to interact with customers, is a requirement of the job.
• Inventory management and rotations experience.
• Ability to attend and successfully pass In-house Training, IATA or DOT approved Hazardous Materials Training.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook with the ability to be able to report monthly metrics.
• Excellent verbal (telephone) communications skills.
• Ability to work without direct supervision in a fast-paced; sometimes stressful environment.
• Ability to operate a variety of equipment with manual and automatic transmissions including forklifts, trucks, tractors, tugs, electric carts, etc.
• Ability and willingness to travel moderately (10%) as required by the business needs.
• Ability to read and understand the Airbus Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC), Engineering Orders, Service Bulletins, and TSM/Task Cards.
• Ability to understand the general process of MRO aircraft maintenance/materials operation.
• Knowledge of inventory management and computer inventory management systems/barcoding systems preferred.
• LEAN experience is desired.
• Read and understand the Airbus Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC), Engineering Orders, Service Bulletins, and TSM/Task Cards.
• Liaise with company Maintenance Representatives and Buyers, MRO Shipping/Receiving Department, and MRO Buyers ensuring availability and control of all material.
• Review and approve parts purchase requests in EPR. Determine and position pre-draw material prior to aircraft arrival.
• Receive, sign for, process and safely handle aircraft maintenance-related parts, material, equipment and tooling, to include entering data into the inventory management system and processing the associated documentation.
• Attend and participate in daily production onsite meetings and Allegiant internal daily heavy maintenance meetings. Follow up for completion on MRO responsible tasks.
• Manage all material movements and provide early warning indicators when purchase orders, repair orders, or transfers are off track for need by dates.
• Define processes and utilize LEAN techniques for continuous improvement in support of departmental objectives.
• Update Allegiant Information Systems using receiving information from the MRO MRP system.
• Execute accurate and prompt billing to MRO for lost or damaged parts and tooling.
• Review daily parts issue information and confirm inventory is appropriately issued in the inventory system of the MRO.
• Audit each day’s aircraft maintenance actions to assure that all parts issued to the aircraft have an appropriate unserviceable core returned to Allegiant Air.
• Generate Repair Orders and direct the disposition of unserviceable parts.
• Ensure Allegiant’s inventory is kept in a secured area and accessible only by authorized personnel and that inventory is organized and serviceable and unserviceable units are appropriately segregated.
• Ensure complete scanning and retention of serviceable parts paperwork.
• Manage the MRO facility cleanout after completion of a heavy check to ensure accountability and accuracy of transactions of company-owned material and tooling.
• Pre-draw materials to be staged at MRO hanger, induction of aircraft, aircraft departure and its afterward inventory cleanup activity.
• Assembly of parts and materials required to support maintenance.
• Performance of physical inventory counts.
• Participate in cycle count-related activities.
• Develop and maintain ad hoc reporting, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, Stores and Director, Material Services.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Mechanic - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, climb, and use hands and fingers to operate various tools (i.e. drills, ladders, welding, chemicals, etc.). May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to extreme noise (i.e. airports with planes, vehicles, and other machinery), temperature, wind, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Ability to wear personal protective gear. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.