LocationLas Vegas, NV
The #G4DEV team within Allegiant Travel Company is responsible the development of our next generation of applications to support our e-commerce, hospitality and airline operations platforms in a fast-moving and challenging environment that is balanced among delivery, innovation, and learning. We develop travel and hospitality management applications for Airline, Hotel & Hospitality, Car and related products from online shopping, booking and logistics while supporting airline operations. As a member of our development team, you’ll analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our logic and integration systems. You will be an integral part of our development team, working closely with our development and other project teams to power applications that streamline day-to-day processes and bring data to life. The Senior Software Engineer I position will be responsible for requirements analysis, technical design and implementation of software projects with very little supervision; participate in development, implementation and maintenance of business web applications and provide systems support to the company. This position works closely with project managers and business analysts to provide technical solution for new business feature/functionality or enhancement of existing systems, using standard development tools and methodologies.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Education Details: Computer Science, Math, or MIS; Master's Degree preferred.
Years of Experience:
• Experience with any ORM and ODM frameworks preferred.
• Experience with database migration utilities like Flyway is highly desired.
• Demonstrated ability in strong computer science foundations (OOP and/or functional programming).
• Experience in working in Agile development environment is desired.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must have the ability to communicate ideas effectively and cross functionally; exhibit creativity, flexibility, adaptability and the drive to achieve results; capacity to work independently and as a team player.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Advanced math skills required.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and prioritization skills required.
• Ability to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform job functions.
• Participate in design discussions and work with the lead engineer on technical solution for the assigned software project.
• Develop technical design for small-medium projects, with guidance from a lead engineer if required.
• Work with technical lead on design and development Lead a software project from requirements through deployment with complete technical responsibility and managing a medium to large team, as needed. Work with other teams such as QA, PMO and IT Operations and provide them technical support and guidance to ensure successful delivery of a software project.
• Lead a small or medium sized team of software engineers on a software project.
• Provide technical solution for business problems while balancing essential architectural and technical guidelines.
• Re-factor current application design and/or implementation to enhance the application and align with technology roadmap.
• Design and implement product enhancements based on business priorities.
• Participate in typical software maintenance, including quality and stability initiatives.
• Design and develop domain data models and database schemas to support business requirements.
• Work with the business analysts to gather and analyze requirements; develop high-level system narratives, storyboards and UI prototypes.
• Keep up with the latest developments in the Java/JEE, PHP, Node.js frameworks and related communities.
• Contribute, adhere to, and enforce standards and best practices in software development.
• Conduct design and code reviews.
• Develop complex SQL stored procedures and ad-hoc queries.
• Resolve application performance and scalability issues by identifying the bottlenecks, system resource utilization and key areas of improvement.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.