LocationLas Vegas, NV
DeptCrew Planning & Scheduling / OCC
Prepares and distributes dispatch and flight releases, weather data and runway analysis for all Allegiant Air flights in accordance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations and company policies and procedures.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Education Details: High School Diploma or equivalent; College preferred
Certification Details: Dispatch Certificate
Years of Experience: Minimum two (2) years experience preferred with a 121 carrier.
• Professional Demeanor.
• The ability to read, write, and speak English in order to receive and understand instructions, directives, and ensure safety, as well as the ability to interact with customers, is a requirement of the job.
• Prepares and distributes Dispatch/Flight releases, weather, NOTAM, runway analysis for all Company flight segments in accordance with applicable FAR’s and Company policies and procedures.
• Performs flight following activities in support of scheduled, chartered and ad-hoc flights.
• Develops and executes abnormal operational recovery plans in conjunction with Crew Scheduling.
• Maintenance Control and Station Operations departments.
• Monitors weather continuously and communicates significant changes to affected flight crew members as required by FAR’s.
• Performs as the communications focal point for all Company flight operations.
• Briefs the PIC of weather, NOTAM’s, aircraft MEL items and aircraft and runway performance issues that could affect the operation of the flight.
• Monitors the progress of all schedules, chartered and ad-hoc flights.
• Declares an emergency, when in their opinion, this is the best course of action.
• Acts as the primary point of communication for all company flight operations.
• Coordinates and communicate en-route irregularities.
• Maintains required database information.
• Communicates irregular operations with all scheduled, chartered and ad-hoc field stations and external customers.
• Coordinates with Crew Scheduling, Maintenance Control and Station Operations during times of abnormal operations to determine the best course of action.
• Communicates and executes operational recovery plans.
• Maintains SOC manuals and publications ensuring they remain current.
• Replaces crew members as required during hours when Crew Scheduling is not available.
• Provides a verbal and written pass down to their replacement.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.