LocationLas Vegas, NV
Employment typeFull-Time - Remote
Director of Line Maintenance oversees all maintenance bases.
The Director of Line Maintenance is responsible for the safe, reliable, orderly, and efficient execution of the Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program (CAMP) of Allegiant Air. This includes responsibility for the management of all aircraft maintenance, including the continuous airworthiness of aircraft, engines, and related components, operated by Allegiant under CFR 14 Part 121.
Minimum Requirements Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this role
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) A&P Certification.
Years of Experience:
· Minimum twelve (12) years maintaining aircraft for a CFR 14 Part 121 Air carrier.
· Minimum ten (10) years in a leadership role.
Credit Check: No
Valid/Unexpired Passport Book
Valid/Unexpired Driver's License
· Effective communication skills, both verbal and written with demonstrated team-building experience, as well as the ability to be effective, calm, and professional at all times and in all situations.
· Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a stressful environment.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from varying audiences such as managers, the general public, and officials.
· Capable of defining problems and dealing with a variety of variables in situations when only limited standardization exists.
· Can interpret a variety of instructions delivered in written, oral, diagram, and scheduled forms.
· Demonstrated proficiency in making decisions daily on the use of resources, performance, and budgets.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Aviation Management, or related field.
· Assume 119 responsibilities when required.
· Principal liaison with all operating departments regarding scheduling and performance of the CAMP.
· Directs the management of all aircraft and component maintenance activities to promote reliability, safety, and performance-based culture.
· Monitor performance metrics of maintenance bases, identify key issues and propose effective solutions.
· Responsible for the development and execution of budgets and cost controls for the Maintenance Departments.
· Coordinate all maintenance staffing requirements consistent with CAMP scheduling and priorities.
· Assist in the development and implementation of company maintenance and inspection programs.
· Coordinate with the Quality Control department and CASS to ensure the maintenance of all company aircraft is in accordance with company, governmental, and manufacturers’ standards to ensure maximum reliability, satisfactory aircraft appearance, and performance within the budgetary authority.
· Establish station requirements for maintenance ground support equipment, tooling, technical manuals, and associated technical data coverage.
· Ensure accountability and control of all company material associated with aircraft maintenance.
· Take action to ensure that maintenance personnel is qualified to accomplish the duties assigned.
· Increase the technical knowledge of maintenance personnel by demanding their continuous reference to and study of all materials and literature available.
· In conjunction with the Director of Technical Training, provide maintenance training, as required, to ensure the safe and economical operation of the fleet.
· Ensure effective communication between all levels of assigned personnel.
· Standardize base-to-base processes and procedures across the Allegiant system.
· Develop a standard checklist for turn-overs, base audits, tooling audits, overtime, and road trip policies.
· Liaison and implement key safety initiatives directed by the Safety department.
· Develop best practices to promote efficiencies as well as ensure safety.
· Develop relationships with our working partners.
· Suggest creative solutions that may be out of the box to difficult problems.
· Continue to create a positive culture for sustained success.
· Ensure any direct reports understand and apply our Customer Commitment and customer service standards to their daily responsibilities as appropriate.
· Model Allegiant’s customer service standards in personal actions and when providing leadership direction.
· Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Managing Director of Maintenance Operations.
Physical Requirements The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Mechanic - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, climb, and use hands and fingers to operate various tools (i.e. drills, ladders, welding, chemicals, etc.). May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to extreme noise (i.e. airports with planes, vehicles, and other machinery), temperature, wind, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period. Ability to wear personal protective gear. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state, or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.