LocationLas Vegas, NV
Employment typeFull-Time - Remote
Allegiant is looking for a self-motivated and talented DevOps/Linux Systems Engineer to join our Systems Engineering team. Our technology stack is a mix of open source and commercial off-the-shelf technologies. This team-based position works closely with Software Development, Quality Assurance, Information Security and Project Management teams in a DevOps culture to maintain and enhance our existing processes. Candidates should have prior experience working in a DevOps culture working with multi-disciplinary teams. As a DevOps/Linux Engineer, you will be responsible for orchestrating the who, what and how of software development, and performing the research, planning and provisioning of the infrastructure that supports continuous integration, continuous delivery and deployment from local dev environments up through and including live production systems. You will be instrumental in bringing automation into the development sphere, testing pipelines, release management, environment management and application management, and driving support and adoption of agile methodologies by software development teams to achieve multiple-deployments-per-day in support of company objectives.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or applicable experience
Years of Experience:
•Minimum five (5) years of experience working with IT or Cloud environments in a large scale environment of Linux or unix systems.
•Minimum two (2) years of experience working in either a DevOps, Linux Engineer or Developer role, or advanced administration.
• Ready for a challenge and to learn some new skills.
• Flexible, with a positive attitude and passion for knowledge.
• Ability to take feedback in stride and use it to learn and grow.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment and able to provide accurate technical feedback when working with complex issues.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a professional manner, both orally and in writing, at all levels within and outside the organization.
• Ability to quickly separate the mission-critical tasks from the lower priority tasks; focuses on the most value-added projects of the day or week.
• Available to be on-call for emergencies on a rotational basis among team members.
• Is committed to working scheduled hours and has the flexibility to work additional hours based on changing business needs.
• Experience in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
• Excited and motivated to work in a remote work environment with an excellent team who has your back.
• RedHat Certified Engineer, AWS Associate, or other cloud certifications, or Kubernetes certifications.
• While not all are required, a strong working knowledge or experience with some of these are a plus.
•Scripting and automation experience with common languages (bash, python).
•Experience with CI/CD platforms such as jenkins.
•Experience with public cloud, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
•Networking experience with OSI model, firewalls, routers, load balancers, etc.
•Performance: NewRelic, Dynotrace, BlueStripe.
•Skilled with Docker-compose, helm, or other container orchestration technologies.
•Advanced experience in Infrastructure as code: Terraform, cloudformation, etc.
•Experience with Docker, Podman or other runtime container linux technologies.
•Strong experience with Ansible, Puppet or other configuration management and automation systems.
•Fluent in YAML "Yet another markup language."
•Great with Kubernetes, experience in Openshift.
•Configuration & deployment automation: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack.
•Experience with Linux Package Management (yum, rpm).
•Understands the various uses of bash pipes in regards to cowsay.
•Understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, DNS, SMTP, NTP, etc.
•Recent experience with Ansible automation.
• Experience delivering enterprise solutions that are scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever changing business needs.
• Experience with Software Development Life Cycle working in a role supporting developers, QA and other IT teams to deliver software-based solutions.
• Capable of advanced usage of version control software (git, svn, etc.).
• Support a large-scale computing environment which includes Production, Corporate, and Development systems.
• Respond to incident escalations, critical or major incidents and leading the team to resolve complex incidents.
• Mentor and train team members on complex subjects or newly evolving technologies.
• Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve technical problems which relate to application middle-ware, network, or backend systems.
• Work collaboratively with other internal teams, external vendors and partners as well as third-party support organizations to resolve incidents in a timely fashion.
• Design, plan and implement new IT solutions or technologies with demonstrated leadership driving positive change to the organization.
• Lead small/medium internal IT projects that are in-house which might involve conceptual and architectural work, leading to production delivery with appropriate hand-off documentation for sustainment.
• Resolve sophisticated environment obstacles by driving proof of concept designs to completion, analyzing their benefits, and developing integration roadmaps. This includes mass-scale infrastructure deployments and upgrades, as well as day to day optimizations.
• Perform security audits, system patching, and educate peers and internal / external customers on security practices and principles.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office/IT - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24 hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.