LocationLas Vegas, NV
The Data Scientist turns data into high value assets in the form of insights and predictive models that contribute to measurable improvements in business process and performance. The Data Scientist II is expected to work independently with minimal oversight as well as lead project initiatives, mentor and assign work to others as needed. This role requires strong understanding and experience in Applied Statistics for Data Science as well as expertise in data wrangling, building, deploying and maintaining predictive models. You will be responsible to ensure the rest of the team and stakeholders engage in best practices to ensure statistically sound deliverables. You will document best practices as well as lead peer reviews of Data Science work. You will deliver improvements to existing models as well as lead ongoing complex initiatives for revenue optimization, customer segmentation, media-mix optimization, and churn analysis.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Education Details: From an accredited college/university in one or more of the following: Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Econometrics, Physics, Operations Research or related field.
Years of Experience:
Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a technical environment.
Candidates must be comfortable in conversations and be able to demonstrate the following:@@Understanding of applied Statistics, algorithms, modeling techniques as they relate to Data Science as a practice. @@Technical experience working with data to include sourcing, extracting, validating, exploring, and transforming data with tools like SQL and Python. @@Expert knowledge of the Data Science process.@@Initiative, curiosity, and problem-solving skills through personal development projects and ongoing education.@@Command of Python and/or R with the ability to mentor and train others.@@Command of SQL with the ability to mentor and train others.@@Ability to lead, manage and deliver complex Data Science projects with minimal oversight.@@Command of applied statistics for Data Science.
• Master's Degree or PhD
• Strong knowledge in one or more of the following fields: statistics, data mining, machine learning, simulation, operations research, econometrics, and/or information retrieval.
• Strong knowledge of the data science process and practical experience using machine learning algorithms including regression, classification, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, and decision trees.
• Knowledge in airline operations, customer interactions and/or inter-departmental limitations across business units.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, proven presentation skills to all levels of audience.
• Strong intellect and analytical aptitude, along with ability to be self-driven.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Python, R, MATLAB, SQL or other programming languages or packages.
• Comfortable with a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
• Strong computer skills including but not limited to MS Office products.
• Analyze and model airline operations and/or customer data and implement algorithms to support analysis using advanced statistical, engineering, and mathematical methods from physics, machine learning, data mining, econometrics, and operations research.
• Interpret business opportunities into Data Science projects and deliverables. Deliver Data Science solutions and quantify ROI/Business impact.
• Translate advanced analytics problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations, in diverse domains such as predictive maintenance, delay predictions/recovery and Allegiant products upselling/cross-selling; communicate results and educate stakeholders through insightful visualizations, reports and presentations.
• Facilitate conversations for teams to collaborate in removing impediments, empowering teams to self-organize and improve their productivity.
• Retrieve, prepare, and process a rich variety of data sources from structured/unstructured cloud and non-cloud sources.
• Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypotheses, and uncover interesting trends and relationships.
• Exercise continuous self-development, education and learning.
• Act as an analytical mentor to others in the organization.
• Help establish and sustain Data Science culture.
• Leverage available research data to stay informed about industry related trends, potential disrupters, and competitive capabilities.
• Document various approaches and model metrics to seek iterative means of improvement.
• Provide a cohesive end-to-end solution through understanding the “cross-pollination” of technology/engineering/commercial verticals and applying both areas of expertise and areas of knowledge.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
COVID-19 Vaccination National Mandate
Allegiant Travel Company is a government contractor and has more than 100 employees. To comply with the Safer Federal Workforce COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, all team members must be fully vaccinated with an FDA approved COVID-19 vaccination by December 8, 2021 in order to remain employed by Allegiant Travel company and all related subsidiaries. Proof of vaccination will be required. Requests for medical and religious exemptions will be considered with substantiating documentation.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.