LocationLas Vegas, NV
DeptCrew Planning & Scheduling / OCC
The Crew Scheduler must have a detailed working knowledge of the applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR’s), Allegiant crew scheduling procedures and policies, and excellent communication skills to effectively perform the duties of a crew scheduler.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
• One (1) year of experience in crew scheduling or the airline industry preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to read, write, and speak English in order to receive and understand instructions, directives, and ensure safety, as well as the ability to interact with customers.
• Professional demeanor with the ability to function in a high stress environment.
• Complete understanding of the applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR’s).
• Must have the availability to work varying shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Implement the policies and goals established by Allegiant as directed by the Director of SOC.
• Ensure crew member assignments are in accordance with the applicable FAR’s and Allegiant Air Pilot Work Rules.
• Interface with other departments to adequately plan and coordinate assignments for crew members for all scheduled, chartered and ad-hoc flights.
• Maintain the day-to-day crew schedules.
• Work in conjunction with the Training Department to assign IOE with qualified check airmen and check Flight Attendants; Maintain continuous surveillance of crew legalities.
• Award and cover non-routine time off requests such as vacation, leaves, sick, and trip trades.
• Develop and implement the month-to-month bid period transition.
• Maintain CMS Crew Scheduling data.
• Provide a written pass down to the following crew-scheduling shift.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
COVID-19 Vaccination National Mandate
Allegiant requires all team members to complete a record in Allegiant’s Vaccination Tracking Tool. Team Members may opt to provide records documenting their fully vaccinated status or agree to comply with weekly COVID-19 testing and reporting. Requests for medical and religious exemptions for those who cannot be vaccinated will be considered with substantiating documentation.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.