LocationLas Vegas, NV
The Business Solution Analyst II is a key member of our team responsible for delivering solutions that bring value to the customer. This role is responsible for documenting business requirements and functional specifications to deliver to an IT Development team, after thorough fact finding and analysis of business workflows and systems. The IT Business Analyst II will work with the business units and IT project team to deliver requirements for software solutions, manage user-acceptance planning and testing, and provide post-production support as needed.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
Years of Experience: Minimum five (5) years of experience gathering and writing system requirements through various methods, and a proven track record in translating project scope into detailed requirements.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working as a member of a Scrum/Agile team (product owner, scrum master, SME).
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Familiarity with Atlassian products preferred (JIRA, Confluence, etc.).
• Demonstrated ability to organize and lead meetings and requirements gathering sessions.
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments.
• Proven ability to work well with people from different disciplines and with varying degrees of technical experience.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively to analyze needs and efficiently document project deliverables.
• Assertive, willing to take initiative, and able to work independently or with a group.
• Previous technical writing.
• Airline industry experience.
• International airline or hotel operations software experience.
• Document the product backlog including (1) embrace a Scrum/Agile framework to deliver value to the customer quickly in manageable increments, (2) elicit software requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, business process workflows and use cases, (3) document business requirements, process flow and relationship diagrams, as well as functional specifications, user test plans and additional artifacts as required.
• Provide product/feature subject matter expertise throughout the life of the feature.
• Capture, refine, prioritize, and maintain the backlog, including the definition of features, user stories, and acceptance criteria for both business and technical requirements.
• Collaborate with Product Managers, Developers, Quality Assurance and business unit from beginning of project life cycle through implementation.
• Ensure traceability and functional design meet business requirements and desired outcome is achieved.
• Troubleshoot reported defects and system related issues and elicit prioritization of confirmed issues from the product managers responsible.
• Remove blocks and interface with others outside of team.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office/IT - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24 hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.