LocationLas Vegas, NV
DeptPeople Services & Learning
The Allegiant University Program Coordinator is responsible for organizing and planning learning events, administering the day-to-day operations of the Allegiant Educational Assistance Program, and Allegiant Educational Partnerships, and supporting the Training Grant Program. The Coordinator communicates with internal and external stakeholders, updates course materials, maintains Allegiant University statuses and participant records, facilitates and manages New Hire Orientation, processes Team Member Educational Assistance requests, maintains and researches new partnership opportunities, and conducts data entry and record-keeping for the Training Grant program.
Visa Sponsorship Available - No
A combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
• Communication Skills- candidate should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Types of communication may include facilitating and moderating classes, making announcements, composing/responding to emails professionally, and communicating with Stakeholders (SH), vendors, Team Members, and senior leadership.
• Computer Skills –candidate must demonstrate an understanding of technology such as Microsoft 365 programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc), the Learning Management System, and project management tools, and be a quick study with new platforms.
• Facilitation Skills- candidate should be a dynamic facilitator. Skills should include assessing and encouraging Team Member participation, engaging Team Members, handling sensitive topics with empathy and grace, communicating clearly, and maintaining neutrality to achieve the desired learning outcome.
• Organization and Time Management Skills- candidate should possess a keen ability for organization. The coordinator will need to prioritize tasks, activities, and lists while maintaining training calendars, booking rooms, and coordinating presenters using multiple computer programs.
• Collaboration Skills- candidate should be able to work with several people simultaneously including communicating via email, phone, or in person. The coordinator will need to meet each individual participant or facilitator’s concerns and constraints with solutions or know who to contact for help. Candidate should have a pleasant and professional disposition and be able to associate with a variety of people and working styles to ensure training events run smoothly.
• Working with Ambiguity- candidate should be able to stay informed on a variety of issues such as a change in the project/training need, budget, inventory, ordering supplies, and finalizing items. Responsibility to avoid gaps and the ability to find creative solutions for last-minute issues or problems falls to the Program Coordinator.
• Project Management Skills- candidate should possess knowledge and resources to keep projects on time, ensure organization, and delegate tasks to appropriate individuals when necessary. The coordinator must ensure tasks are accomplished and deadlines are met.
• Calm Efficiency Under Pressure- candidate should be able to make appropriate, quick, and decisive calls on the spot, when necessary. The coordinator may have to respond to last-minute requests and be able to weigh the priority of tasks while maintaining professionalism and calm.
• Contingency Foresight- The candidate will need to possess or develop the ability to foresee potential disruptive scenarios to create contingency plans.
• Organizes and plans learning events.
• Maintains a library of training programs.
• Updates course materials.
• Creates training materials, facilitator guides, workbooks, job aids, props, etc.
• Coordinates program logistics.
• Communicates with presenters and participants.
• Prepares invitations, reminders, and registrations for class participants and guest presenters.
• Follows up with content Subject Matter Experts (SME).
• Maintains Allegiant University records.
• Maintains participant training records.
• Facilitates and coordinates New Hire Orientation (NHO) and onboarding.
• Utilizes Outlook calendars and Learning Management System (LMS) to book rooms, schedule facilitators, and determine dates/times of new classes.
• Creates and hosts Microsoft TEAMS meetings and webinars.
• Works with facilities to ensure room set up and maintenance.
• Sets up and breaks down training rooms (seating arrangement).
• Orders event catering and cleans up after events.
• Monitors inventory of training supplies.
• Ensures room technology is functioning and maintained.
• Disseminates and compiles training evaluations.
• Maintains library of Allegiant Educational Assistance offerings and partnerships.
• Processes Team Member Educational Assistance requests utilizing detailed record keeping and professional communication.
• Develops and maintains reporting for Allegiant Educational Assistance usage.
• Documents and maintains Training Grant records for participating Team Members.
• Submits and tracks grant reimbursements, program usage, and key program dates and milestones.
• Serves as liaison between Allegiant Air and Economic Workforce Development entities.
• Works with internal stakeholders to ensure compliance and proper reporting.
• Functions within many databases, portals, and systems.
• Establishes and maintains partnerships with university, state, and federal programs.
• Model Allegiant’s customer service standards in personal actions and when providing leadership direction.
•Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.