LocationLas Vegas, NV
DeptFinance & Accounting
Assist in the completion of the day-to-day accounts payable duties for the Corporate Accounting Department and facilitate communication between vendors and the company. Assist in creating a positive team environment and be a responsible, dependable employee. This position requires the highest level of professionalism, confidentiality and integrity.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Years of Experience:
Minimum one (1) year experience in Accounts Payable
• Working knowledge of MS Office and basic computer skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• Well organized and a self-starter with the ability to prioritize.
• Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable, and high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced and high volume environment with accuracy and timeliness.
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations, such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with documentation, research and resolution skills.
• Over one (1) year of accounts payable experience.
• Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, and data analysis skills.
• Thorough knowledge and experience with accounts payable/ general systems, financial chart of accounts and corporate processes.
• Process payable's in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles using manual data entry.
• Work very closely with the purchasing or other related department.
• Work with other departments of the organization to ensure proper approvals, coding and handling of invoices.
• Review invoices for proper documentation and verify approval/authorization limits prior to payment.
• Match and mail accounts payable checks.
• Review and approve cash disbursements prior to weekly check runs.
• Gather vendor W9 information for new vendor and 1099 processing.
• Maintain files, including accounts payable documentation and other miscellaneous filings in accordance with company policy and accounting processes.
• Answer and direct incoming departmental calls and emails appropriately.
• Three way matching of invoices.
• Research and resolve discrepancies and any other issues that may arise, by reaching out the vendor or airport.
• Responsible for managing the department e-mail inboxes by distributing and saving invoices, reports, and other various documents.
• Respond to vendor inquires.
• Process check requests.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
COVID-19 Vaccination National Mandate
Allegiant requires all team members to complete a record in Allegiant’s Vaccination Tracking Tool. Team Members may opt to provide records documenting their fully vaccinated status or agree to comply with weekly COVID-19 testing and reporting. Requests for medical and religious exemptions for those who cannot be vaccinated will be considered with substantiating documentation.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.