LocationLas Vegas, NV
The Records Technician is accountable to the A/C Records Manager (ACM) and is responsible for entering and auditing of maintenance accomplishment data in AIS or other databases, processing and retention of all original and electronic aircraft maintenance records. On a daily basis, the Records Technical is responsible for ensuring that all original and electronic records are accurate, their assignments are properly tracking in AIS and their retention method is complete (paper file or electronic storage). Additionally, this position assists to ensure compliance with all FAA requirements and company policies regarding Airworthiness Directives, Task/Engineering Document compliance, Life Limited Parts Removal and Installation.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Education Details: Some college, an Associate’s Degree or higher or equivalent work experience preferred.
Years of Experience: Minimum one (1) year of experience with airline and aviation-related documentations systems, or record keeping/data entry and auditing experience in a similar industry.
• Familiar with the industry or similar industry Operations Procedure / General Maintenance Manuals, Federal Aviation regulations (FARs) related to Aircraft Recordkeeping and retention requirements.
• Some college, an Associate’s Degree or higher or equivalent work experience.
• Familiarity with Air Transport Association (ATA) Coding a plus.
• Familiar with data entry/auditing of electronic data and electronic recordkeeping systems.
• Proficient in the use of Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Products.
• Exhibits attention to detail and is a champion for accuracy.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Professional demeanor, excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of airline maintenance requirements and FAA regulations related to aircraft recordkeeping and retention.
• Ability to work well with others and communicate effectively with people at all levels.
• Responsible for processing aircraft maintenance records daily, which includes:
• Collection, verification of completion, auditing, updating, scanning, aircraft maintenance log pages, maintenance work packages for completeness and compliance with all time-limited maintenance requirements.
• Monitors and updates Allegiant Information System (AIS) to assure required maintenance is accomplished within required time limits (including Airworthiness Directives), life-limited parts are properly tracking, and required maintenance accomplished has been accounted for and is tracking properly for next due date.
• Completes data entry, audits of entries and scans originals each day to ensure availability of real-time to all maintenance records and to other system users.
• Audits and corrects critical tracking of aircraft hours and cycles on Parts Tags, Task Cards, Engineering Orders, Airworthiness Directives, Fleet Campaign Directives, and Checks for Accurate data input into AIS per minimum FAA requirements.
• Performs daily quality assurance auditing of all incoming aircraft maintenance logs and maintenance work packages for completeness and accuracy.
• Issues, receives and approves paperwork discrepancies to/from maintenance bases when errors are discovered during audit.
• Monitors the return of outstanding discrepancies and scan/files corrected items upon return.
• Provides support to all maintenance bases regarding all aircraft records functions.
• Performs life-limited / serialized component removal and installation component in AIS, including verification of proper certificates (8130-3, teardown reports, parts tags, back-to-birth trace documentation).
• When inducting aircraft into Allegiant fleet, ensures the accuracy and completeness of documentation and aircraft records AIS entries for presentation to the FAA for conformity review and Ops Specs approval.
• Scans and maintains files for aircraft maintenance logs, maintenance documents as prescribed in the GMM.
• Assists with training other staff members as assigned by the Manager of Aircraft records.
• May serve as an AIS Super User for AIS development liaison for records specific development.
• Initiates and monitors all purchase order requests for the Aircraft Records department.
• Retains all original (dirty fingerprint) historical records in electronic form in accordance with company policy and FAA regulations by scanning, labeling (for search function) indexing and associating/linking electronic records to AIS or other electronic maintenance accomplishment system.
• Retains all original (dirty fingerprint) historical records in paper form in accordance with company policy and FAA regulations including:
• Inventory, sorting, boxing, racking induction aircraft records.
• Creating AD and modification binders.
• Maintaining binders, purging, filing, storing historical records.
• Retrieves records and certificates and prepares documentation for serviceable as removed parts from retirement aircraft and/or for shipment to third parties who purchase or lease parts (paper and/or electronic format).
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
COVID-19 Vaccination National Mandate
Allegiant requires new team members to complete a record in Allegiant’s Vaccination Tracking Tool within 48 hours of receiving the notification via company email immediately after being hired. New hires may opt to provide records documenting their fully vaccinated status or agree to alternative means of compliance with the federal vaccination mandate. Requests for medical and religious exemptions for those who cannot be vaccinated will be considered with substantiating documentation. More information will be provided immediately after hire on how to record your vaccination status in our Vaccination Tracking Tool.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.